OpenGL is a software interface used for programming and executing applications which use 2D and 3D computer graphics.
OpenGL 2.1 and higher is actively used within Movavi's products for effects, transitions and also interface elements and preview area.
OpenGL issues can appear quite differently on different systems.
Most common symptoms are:
- There's no video within preview area in the program.
Instead you can see white screen, black screen, green screen or nothing at all (program logo).
- Video is shown distorted within preview area in the program.
Various artifacts can appear, video can come out pixelized or otherwise corrupted.
- Program doesn't launch at all, same goes for separate program modules.
Error messages like "Program doesn't respond", "Runtime error" and similar can appear after launch.
- (Video Editor only) Added transitions are missing in resulting video, same goes for effects.
Exported video may contain your input videos and photos, but without transitions you have added.
Usually any of those symptoms means that your graphic adapter or its current drivers does not support needed OpenGL version, or does not interact with it correctly.
First, you need to check your graphic adapter’s name and manufacturer.
That may be done at Device Manager.
To launch it, go to Windows Control Panel - System and Security - System.
Click Device Manager option at the left side of the window.
Name of your graphic adapter can be found under Display adapters category.
Once you know the name of your graphic adapter, you may search for suitable drivers.
That can be done at each manufacturer’s website:
Use selection tools or search box to find latest drivers for your adapter.
All of these manufacturers also offer utilities for automatic driver detection and download.
After you have downloaded and installed latest drivers, you may need to reboot your PC.
If you still receive the same message, your graphic hardware probably doesn’t support needed OpenGL version.
Even so, you may try our software workaround:
- Please download a file at the following link: Link
- Get to software installation folder by right-clicking program shortcut and selecting Open file location.
- Copy downloaded opengl32.dll file into this folder.
If you are not sure where installation folder is, you can use one of the following links to update program with DLL file automatically;
- Movavi Video Suite 15 / Movavi Video Suite 16
- Movavi Video Converter 16 / Movavi Video Converter 17
- Movavi Video Editor 11 / Movavi Video Editor 12
- Movavi Slideshow Creator 2
- Movavi Screen Capture Studio 7 / Movavi Screen Capture Studio 8
- Movavi Screen Capture 7 / Movavi Screen Capture 8
Simply click on the link and download file, then launch that file and click 'Extract'.
Software should launch correctly after that, and you should be able to use all effects.
PLEASE NOTE that starting from versions Movavi Video Converter 17, Movavi Video Editor 12, Movavi Screen Capture 8 and Movavi Video Suite 16 you can apply aforementioned software workaround directly from the settings.
In order to do that open the Settings menu and choose Preferences. There, select the Use software OpenGL implementation option and click OK.