Is H.265 (HEVC) codec supported with Movavi programs?
High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also known as H.265 and MPEG-H Part 2, is a video compression standard, one of several potential successors to the widely used AVC (H.264 or MPEG-4 Part 10). In comparison to AVC, HEVC offers about double the data compression ratio at the same level of video quality, or substantially improved video quality at the same bit rate.
Currently, more and more sources start to offer videos encoded using this standard.
Therefore, we have started to add its support within our programs as well.
At the moment, the only Movavi program supporting H.265 codec is Video Converter 17 (and conversion module of Video Suite 16).
There are also several limitations on its support:
- It's only supported as read-only, which means you can convert a video encoded with H.265 into another format, but not vice versa.
- You have to use Windows 10 operating system, all other Windows or Mac OS X versions are not supported.
- You need to have a high-end graphic card, possible options are:
- Intel HD Graphics 5300 or higher,
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 or higher.